Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Plan B

They say you should not "put all your eggs in one basket." Well, I guess I've disregarded this. Everything in my life and in my eternity hinges on Jesus Christ. If He sinks, I'm done. If Jesus Christ goes down, gets defeated, dies, or loses a battle, I'm gone for good. I have no plan B. No back-up plan. Nothing to fall back on. It may appear to be a gamble, but I've risked everything on the success of Jesus Christ. If I die, and some other religion is right, I'm doomed. With me, it's all or nothing.

As foolish as it may seem to the natural mind, I will lose no sleep tonight as to my future, either in this world or the world to come. I am safe in the hands of Jesus Christ. He has a perfect track record. He is undefeated on the battlefield; He defies the laws of nature; He heals when doctors say they can do no more; He supplies the needs of His children when everyone around them is broke; when there's no trail, He blazes one! Yes, I've put everything in Jesus Christ, and I'll lose no sleep tonight over the condition of my soul or my future.

God Almighty is very organized; He has great plans for mankind. First, there is the plan of salvation. God sent His only begotten Son into the world to save sinners. By believing in the finished work of Jesus Christ, we can have salvation. Notice Romans 10:13 - "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." PERIOD. There's no back-up plan following that verse. If calling upon the name of the Lord doesn't work, man is hopeless. BUT IT WORKS! Calling on the Lord Jesus Christ, believing His Word - that is the plan that has never, not one time, failed. I can preach to the lost man concerning calling upon Jesus. I don't need Plan B. Salvation by the blood of Christ can save the most wretched, vile sinner that has ever been.

Not only does God have a perfect plan of salvation, but He has a plan for ministry. He chose twelve apostles, and sent them to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in Matthew chapter 10. He gave them the message - "As ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand." No other message is given. The message of the kingdom - that Jesus Christ is king - will never fail. I have no other message on the back burner. I have nothing else to pull out of the hat. If this message fails, my ministry is gone. But, I am not worried about that. The Lord not only gave His disciples the message, he gave them provision. "Take no money." "Take no scrip." He would be their sole provider. Friend, I am not waiting for the U.S. government to supply my needs. The Lord Jesus Christ called me; and whom he calls, he equips. You say, "What if that plan fails?" It has never failed yet. From the apostles in the book of Acts to George Mueller, Jesus Christ has been faithful to His people.

Yes, everything I am, everything I have, everything that is coming my way - I've entrusted it all to Jesus Christ. There is nothing that could bring more peace than that.