Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Full Gospel without Full Salvation - Part 4B

This post is “part 4B,” because it is not only a continuation of the series as a whole; it is a continuation of part 4. In this post, I will discuss further the fact that full salvation is a secure salvation.

Full Salvation is a Secure Salvation – Continued
The full salvation that we receive from the hand of Christ is a secure salvation. Many are afraid of the word “security.” A good number of “full gospel” advocates have little or no security in regards to their salvation. Our security rests on a foundation of several truths. The first truth that I looked at is the Biblical fact that…

“FULL SALVATION” NEVER EXPIRES – CONTINUED
The last point I made concerning this truth was that, in the book of John, at least six times, Jesus associates the act of believing with “everlasting” or “eternal” life. I pointed out that the word EVERLASTING literally means “LASTING for EVER.”

I will continue my thoughts here. The phrases “eternal life” and “everlasting life” occur in the book of John alone thirteen times. When Jesus used these phrases, showing how to possess eternal, or everlasting life, He always spoke in the present tense. Christ always taught that if we believe on Him, we HAVE everlasting life. He presently gives us everlasting life RIGHT NOW. Some are trying to be faithful so they can obtain everlasting life after they die. This is not the everlasting life that Christ gives.

John 5:24 – “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me, HATH [present tense] everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.”

I John 5:13 – “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye HAVE [present tense] eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.”

In these two verses, one speaks of “everlasting life;” the other speaks of “eternal life.” Both speak of possessing this life presently. Other verses that show this clearly are John 3:15; John 3:16; John 3:36; John 6:40; John 6:47; and John 6:54. Full salvation is not probation. It is complete justification, as we saw clearly in part 2 of this series.

“FULL SALVATION” CANNOT BE SNATCHED BY THE DEVIL
At this time, I want to look at some clear verses of scripture from John’s Gospel, the tenth chapter.

John 10:10 – “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

It is understood that the thief, in the above verse, is the devil. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Although this is his express purpose, I want to make it clear that the devil cannot kill the child of God by taking away everlasting life. Jesus makes this truth very clear in the same chapter. Notice:

John 10:27, 28 – “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

Now, what did Jesus mean when He said, “I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish”? What He meant was, “I give unto them eternal life; and THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH!” The phrase “never perish” means that the devil cannot kill me spiritually. He cannot take away my everlasting life. Yes, the thief comes to steal. And he is doing just that. He is stealing even from Christians. He steals their joy. He steals their peace. The thief comes to kill. And he is doing just that. He is killing those who serve him. Those who give their lives to the service of the devil end up on the deathbed, gasping for their final breath. They are there oftentimes because of the hard lives they have lived for Satan. The devil rewards those who serve him – with death. He kills his own! Then, he destroys them in an eternal, burning hell.

But as for the Christian, the devil has no authority to kill or destroy him! The Christian is in the fold of the Good Shepherd. He has no authority to take eternal life from one sheep that belongs to the Good Shepherd. THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH! When you receive full salvation, you receive life that all the devils in hell cannot touch!

“FULL SALVATION” CANNOT BE DIMINISHED BY MAN!
Not only can the devil do nothing about my salvation, but mankind is helpless is destroying my salvation.

John 10:28, 29 – “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, NEITHER SHALL ANY MAN pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and NO MAN IS ABLE to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

What a great truth! A man who believes on Christ is safe from the hand of man. In the United States, we do not appreciate this truth as they do in other countries. There are nations in the world where it is dangerous to be a Christian. Richard Wurmbrand suffered for fourteen years in a Romanian prison, simply for preaching the gospel. The guards beat his body, but they could not touch his soul! His body was deprived, but his soul was secure! The Romanian government was able to confine Richard Wurmbrand to a prison cell; they were able to deny him the simple pleasures of life; they were able to sever him from the ties of his family. But there is one thing they did not do, because they were not able to do it – “NO MAN IS ABLE to pluck them out of my Father’s hand!” These merciless guards could not snatch his salvation from him! It was untouchable! The devil can’t kill me spiritually (or physically, for that matter); man cannot cause me to be lost!

CLOSING THOUGHTS
A good closing passage for this series is found in Romans 8. Look with me:

Romans 8:35-39 – “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

In Full Gospel circles, the songs written by Adger M. Pace are frequently sung. He wrote He’s my King; Victory Today is Mine; and Heaven’s Jubilee. A lesser known song of his is the song entitled Deeper than the Stain Has Gone

When with holy choirs we’re standing in the presence of the great King,
And our souls are lost in wonder as the white-robed choirs sing.
Then we’ll praise the name of Jesus with the millions ‘round the throne.
Praise Him for the power that reaches deeper than the stain has gone.


Praise the Lord for FULL SALVATION!
God still reigns upon His throne.
And I know the blood still reaches
Deeper than the stain has gone.