Thursday, September 16, 2010

On Christ, the Solid Rock I Stand - Part 3

Having written recently concerning the believer's security in Christ, I am compelled to continue the thought. If you feel that my thoughts on this subject are in error, I welcome you to contact me. I have written, carefully intending not to depart from the scripture on this subject. I am now presenting some more reasons why I spend no time worrying about my salvation.

Jesus Christ Prays That I Be Kept
I have heard people say, "If I ever become deathly sick, I'll call Bro. 'So-and-So' because that man knows how to pray." When a believer makes a statement like this one, it is evident that the believer has CONFIDENCE in the man they of whom they desire prayers. I continue to be amazed how we have vast amounts of confidence in a man's prayer, but we seem to have little or no confidence in Christ's prayer. Dear friend, when you are wearing yourself out trying to be saved, and are of the opinion that if you make it to heaven at all, it will be barely, you have very little confidence in the prayers of Jesus Christ. If you have been born again by the Spirit of God, Jesus Christ prays that you will be kept! Friend, if Jesus is praying for me, I have utmost confidence in His prayers. If anyone can get a prayer through to the Father, it is Jesus Christ. Notice the following verse:

John 17:11 - "And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are."

This is recorded in John 17, as a prayer that Jesus is praying for those who believe on Him. He is praying that we be kept! I will note here two other facts concerning this request of our Lord:

1) It is God's will to keep those who believe on Christ - John 6:38, 39 - "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."

2) When the Father gave men to Jesus for Him to keep, He kept every one of them, except for the son of perdition, that the scriptures might be fulfilled. This is portrayed in Christ's prayer in John 17:12 - "While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." Jesus has a great record of keeping souls saved. I believe I'll just not worry about my salvation, and turn it all over to Him.

STILL NOT DONE...